Another day of looking for birds...

                    ...but not finding any....

 



After surviving a bit of an interview, ha, it really wasn't that bad, but this page is not for that kinda talk, this is for fun and photos, I treated myself to another drive. I was actually trying to find a place where I could park and walk around another marshy, water area (there are so many bodies of water I don't know what type many are or what to call them) where I've seen a handful of white birds and some black birds. I am too far away when I pass by in the car to recognize what they are so I was really hoping to get much closer. However, that was not meant to be so I found another spot and I will post some pictures.

I found Fort Mose — the first Black Settlement and it was a nice treasure of a find. There is not a lot to see historically on the outside, but a bunch of placards that are a super interesting read. There was a building I could go in, but I didn't have cash on me even though it is only a couple of bucks and a good cause so will have to go back. Outside there are some boardwalks over looking a saltwater marsh and the longest one dead ends overlooking an area where history still is probably buried and there are some signs to read there too. I had no idea what I was visiting, other than a state park that might have birds to photograph, but I was there at the wrong time of day. If you're interested, here is a link to the sight's site:https://www.fortmose.org/.





Comments